Planning a Wedding, let alone a destination wedding miles away from home, can seem like a daunting challenge at first. However, fear not, a wedding in Cyprus couldn’t be simpler than planning a wedding at home – just with a few more perks. Such as the beautiful weather and sea views to say the least. A wedding abroad will no doubt mean that you’re in for a much more intimate big day as well as combining your wedding and honeymoon into one – win-win!
With connections to most European countries, Cyprus is also the perfect place to marry if you have friends or family worldwide and are looking for the best destination to bring everyone together.
So before jetting off to a Mediterranean island to marry your one true love here are some things you need to know about planning your wedding in Cyprus.
- Research wedding venues in Cyprus and choose one that suits your style and budget.
- Book your venue well in advance, as popular locations tend to get booked quickly. We advise you to book 2-3 years in advance as many of our popular dates are already booked up for 2024 & 2025 already.
- Consider the weather when setting the date. Cyprus has a Mediterranean climate, so spring (April-May) and autumn (September-October) are generally pleasant and popular choices for couples.
- Familiarize yourself with the legal requirements for getting married in Cyprus, such as obtaining the necessary paperwork.
- Hire a wedding planner or coordinator who specializes in destination weddings to assist you with the logistics and local arrangements. Our in-house team will help you every step of the way so you can skip this step with us 😉
- Communicate with your guests about travel arrangements and provide them with information on accommodation options.
- Consider incorporating traditional Cypriot elements into your wedding, such as greek music, dance (Zorba the Greek), or local cuisine (our BBQ).
- Explore the local shops for unique wedding favors or gifts for your guests.
- Embrace the natural beauty of Cyprus by incorporating floral arrangements with local flowers and greenery.
- Consider hiring a local photographer who knows the best spots for capturing stunning wedding photos in Cyprus.
- If you’re having a religious ceremony, check the requirements and guidelines of the specific religious institution you wish to marry in.
- Organize transportation for your guests to and from the wedding venue, especially if it’s located in a remote or less accessible area.
- Incorporate Cypriot traditions and customs into your wedding, such as writing your single girlfriends on the bottom of your wedding shoes (whoever’s name is ‘left’ on at the end of the night is the next to marry!), ‘money’ dance or linking arms at the shoulders (Tsamiko) for a greek song or two.
- Take advantage of the island’s beautiful beaches for a romantic photoshoot or picnic during your stay.
- Serve local Cypriot dishes and drinks at your reception to give your guests a taste of the island. If you dare, try Zivania, a local spirit that packs more than a punch!
- Provide information and suggestions for local attractions and activities that your guests can enjoy before or after the wedding, or plan some ahead of time to make sure they don’t miss out.
- Plan for extra time during your holiday schedule to account for the relaxed pace and “island time” mentality that is common in Cyprus.
- Consider hiring a local band or DJ to entertain your guests with traditional Cypriot music as well as popular international hits.
- Embrace the stunning sunsets of Cyprus, having your reception during the golden hour will create a magical and romantic atmosphere for you and your guests – your photographer will want to take you away during this time too to get some stunning sunset shots with you.
- Finally, take some time to relax and enjoy the beauty of Cyprus with your partner before and after the wedding. It’s a perfect opportunity for a mini-honeymoon.
Remember don’t be afraid to customize these tips according to your tastes and make your wedding day truly unique to you!
Call us today on +357 26949696 or Contact Us, we would love to help!
Follow Liopetro Wedding Venue on Facebook and Instagram!