When it comes to picking your wedding venue in Cyprus, there are a few things you need to take into consideration from the location to the price, to the style and more (see our article 8 things to consider when choosing a venue here for more advice).
However, when you’ve whittled it down to just 2 or maybe 3 venues for your wedding day, there are some questions that you’ll need to ask to not only help you make your final decision but also to ‘seal the deal’ and make sure you’ve selected the best venue possible for your wedding.
From our experience, here are the top 21 questions (that we’re most frequently asked, our answers where applicable) that you should ask before booking your venue and taking the most important step when planning your wedding…
- Are you available for my date? If not, are there any other dates close to this date, or on my other preferred dates.
- How far in advance should I book? At Liopetro, we suggest booking at least 2-3 years in advance as our dates book up fast!
- How early can we arrive, and how late can we stay? The bridal party has access to our bridal suite from 12pm and then Groom and the rest of the guests arrive half an hour before the ceremony (depending on time of year it ranges from 3pm-4pm) and our curfew (aka cut-off time) is midnight, allowing you plenty of time to dance the night away!
- How much is the venue deposit? And when do you need the deposit by? We require a non-refundable deposit of €1,000 to secure your wedding date.
- What is the cancellation policy? Please ask us for our T&Cs which include our cancelation fees as these range depending on time of cancelation.
- Is the site handicap accessible? Yes it is.
- Do you have a list of approved or recommended vendors we can use? Yes! We have an extensive list of approved and recommended vendors for you to choose from.
- Do we have to use your approved vendors? Yes! Approved vendors are highly advised and therefore we do not allow any other vendors to enter our premises to ensure you the best day possible. In order for a vendor to be approved by the venue, we would need to check their PLI (public liability insurance), and have all their paperwork in order.
- When can vendors arrive for setup? We will liaise directly with your selected vendors to ensure they are advised of what time to arrive to set up accordingly.
- Are there any décor restrictions? Whilst we have no strict decor restrictions, all of our approved decor vendors are aware of the restrictions and possibilities that Liopetro has to offer, allowing them to advise you according to your theme and budget.
- Are there noise restrictions? There are no specific noise restrictions at Liopetro (the venue complies with Cyprus Law), however we do require that all music and entertainment finishes by 23:45pm.
- Is parking available on-site? How much space is there? Will guests be charged for parking? There is on-site parking available at Liopetro, with space for up to 15 cars and plenty of space available with two more car parks next to the venue for any additional vehicles. We do not charge for parking.
- What is the venue’s capacity? Liopetro can accommodate up to 300 guests for a Wedding Reception, and up to 200 guests for both ceremony and reception.
- Do you have your own sound equipment and speakers, or will those need to be rented or provided by the entertainment? The venue is fully equipped with an amazing sound system. DJs/Live Musicians can connect to our system but they will need their controllers/mixers in order to do so.
- Do you have an in-house caterer? If so, are the food and beverages included in the venue rental fee? We do! Our Michelin Star Executive Chef, Asimakis Chaniotis, has created some fantastic menu options for you to select from. Please refer to our F&B brochures. The Food and Beverages are not included in the Hire Fee as there are many to choose from and preferences differ from couple to couple.
- Do you have a food and beverage minimum? We do have a minimum charge in place. Please refer to our General Wedding Brochure and our F&B Brochures.
- Do we have to purchase liquor through you, or can we source liquor elsewhere? For safety reasons, all food and drink must be purchased through us for weddings booked at Liopetro. We have a very strict no food and beverage outsourcing policy. Only babies’ food is allowed within the venue’s premises.
- Do you require that we use wedding insurance? No.
- Who will be our main contact as we plan our wedding? And will this person be on-site coordinator on the day? Your main contact at Liopetro will be Michalis Neophytou, he will be your point of contact throughout the planning process and will be there to answer any questions you may have. Then an on-site coordinator is present at all times and throughout the day.
- What is included in the total? Does it cover service charges, gratuity, and cleaning fees, or are those additional line items? All service charges and fees are included in the prices listed in our brochure.
- When is the last possible date to make changes to our reservation? 8 weeks before the wedding, that’s when your final numbers/order is required and at that point, you are invoiced. Final balances have to be settled 6 weeks before the wedding.
Call us today on +357 26949696 or Contact Us, we would love to help!
Follow Liopetro Wedding Venue on Facebook and Instagram!